Let me just start by saying this is one of those days that went by as a blur....because once I received the email from my social worker stating that we have a court date, my pace and direction changed dramatically! First of all, let me say that my kids think I'm half crazy. When I took a look at the computer screen and immediately started jumping up and down screaming, my boys simply backed away and stared from a distance :) My spunky, little girl, however, joined in the celebration (although she had no clue why were celebrating). We don't have an exact date yet, but we do know we will be in Ethiopia by July 6th to meet our sweet pea and attend court on the 8th. I am grinning from ear-to-ear and am ready to start counting those days down! Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers. The above picture sums up my feelings about today. After all of the excited travel conversation going on in my house, my family took my mother-in-law to a baseball game to celebrate her 60th birthday. As the game came to a close, a magnificent fireworks display began. If there was a window to my heart, I'm pretty sure you would have seen those fireworks going off today when I heard the news of our court date! How great is our God!
Friday, June 3, 2011
COURT DATE!
Let me just start by saying this is one of those days that went by as a blur....because once I received the email from my social worker stating that we have a court date, my pace and direction changed dramatically! First of all, let me say that my kids think I'm half crazy. When I took a look at the computer screen and immediately started jumping up and down screaming, my boys simply backed away and stared from a distance :) My spunky, little girl, however, joined in the celebration (although she had no clue why were celebrating). We don't have an exact date yet, but we do know we will be in Ethiopia by July 6th to meet our sweet pea and attend court on the 8th. I am grinning from ear-to-ear and am ready to start counting those days down! Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers. The above picture sums up my feelings about today. After all of the excited travel conversation going on in my house, my family took my mother-in-law to a baseball game to celebrate her 60th birthday. As the game came to a close, a magnificent fireworks display began. If there was a window to my heart, I'm pretty sure you would have seen those fireworks going off today when I heard the news of our court date! How great is our God!