Sunday, February 13, 2011

Soon to Be Six


Yesterday was a motivating day filled with fellowship and
camaraderie. It began at 8 AM with Bob and I participating in a 2-hour long Spin-A-Thon that Spiece Fitness hosted. We, along with many others, rode to raise money for the Vera Bradley Breast Cancer Foundation. Personally, Bob and I have friends that have in the past, or are currently battling this debilitating disease. They are so strong and are such an inspiration to others.

As we rode on this "journey", our team name represented our own journey to another land on another continent. We called ourselves "Soon to Be Six", and cylced with our end destination in mind. We pedaled like those bikes were actually taking us across an ocean!

Later that day, I traveled with Piper to Indianapolis to have some fellowship with other adoptive parents. We "learned" how to braid hair. Although I'm using the term "learned' pretty loosely, I did get some great tips and at least have some idea of where to start with hair care. Pastor Yosef also shared information about the different ethnic groups within Ethiopia, we had some wonderful bread and met some beautiful children.

I ended the day feeling encouraged, and blessed by the people brought into my life throughout the duration of this past year. We have a wonderful God who has changed my life so much and opened my eyes to a world I can never, and would never, want to close my eyes to.