Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthdays












I ran this morning down a beautiful path near our house. Surrounded by the multi-colored trees, the river and the quiet morning sounds of animals, I had my daily dose of medicine. For me, running is like that. It's medicine for my heart, soul, mind and body. It provides a time of quiet solitude during which I can think and pray, pray and think...Sometimes I have to run a little longer just to get the thinking done.

So, with my feet beating a steady rhythm on the pavement, I had the opportunity to reflect on my previous day. Yesterday we celebrated the birth of my three, beautiful children. They were all born within eight days of each other in October, so we had a triple birthday party where we did a lot of celebrating. So, naturally, I'm thinking....Is our baby girl born yet? If she is, where was she born, and was there anyone there celebrating her birth? Could she possibly be another October birthday? Where is she now? Maybe she is still in her mother's belly, awaiting the day we will all celebrate.

I pray that wherever she is, God is watching over her and protecting her. Regardless of the answer to my questions, she was born into my heart a long time ago. I know that the day we get to see her beautiful face, it will be like a birthday all over again. We will celebrate and celebrate and celebrate!